- What is Phuket Sandbox?
- A tourism-promotion scheme that allows fully vaccinated travellers to enter Phuket, Thailand, without quarantine, subject to conditions below.
2. Eligible travellers
- Have a valid Thai visa or re-entry permit or be eligible to enter Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption (for more information on the Tourist Visa Exemption, please refer to https://tinyurl.com/visaexemption) or eligible to apply for the Visa on Arrival (VOA).
Travellers who need a visa to enter Thailand have to contact the Royal Thai Embassy, Bucharest via visa.BUH@mfa.mail.go.th to apply for a visa before proceeding with the Certificate of Entry (COE) application.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by
World Health Organization (WHO) or Ministry of Public Health of Thailand
no less than 14 days before departure. Travellers must show Certificate of Vaccination issued by a government authority. Certificate of Vaccination without English language will not be accepted.
- The following vaccines are accepted
- CoronaVac by Sinovac (2 doses needed)
- AstraZeneca by AstraZeneca (2 doses needed)
- AstraZeneca by SK BIOSCIENCE (Korea) (2 doses needed)
- AstraZeneca by Siam Bioscience (2 doses needed)
- AstraZeneca by Serum Institute of India (2 doses needed)
- Janssen by Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (1 dose needed)
- Pfizer-BioNTECH COVID-19 vaccine by Pfizer Inc. (2 doses needed)
- Moderna by Moderna Inc. (2 doses needed)
- COVILO by Sinopharm Co., Ltd. (2 doses needed)
- Sputnik V by Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology (2 doses needed)
- The vaccine certificate/card must be issued by a government authority either in digital or paper format (document issued by private entities will not be accepted). The vaccine certificate must contain the following information:
- The travellers' personal details, including name, date of birth, nationality and passport number.
- Vaccination information, including dates of vaccination (the date of receiving the first dose, the last dose must be administered no less than 14 days before travelling), name and lot/batch number of the vaccine.
- Combination of different vaccines is accepted provided that the period between the 1st and 2nd dose was in accordance with the period set by the manufacture of the first dose.
- Children under the age of 18, travelling with parents, are eligible without proof of vaccination. If they travel without their parents or legal guardians, they have to be fully vaccinated.
- Must have health insurance which covers treatment and medical expenses in relation to COVID-19, with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD.
- Both non-Thais and Thais are eligible.
- Must stay at a hotel that meets the "SHA+" standardfor at least 7 nights, unless travellers have proof of return tickets leaving Phuket (to another country which they are eligible to enter) before 7 days.
- Those arriving in Phuket between 18.01 - 00.00 hrs. will need to stay for 8 nights (the day of arrival is counted as "Day Zero").
- Those arriving in Phuket between 00.01 - 18.00 hrs. will need to stay for 7 nights (the day of arrival is counted as "Day One").
- **Travellers can choose to stay in a SHA+ hotel in Phuket, Phang-nga, or Krabi, however, they are required to stay in the same hotel for the first 7 nights.
- Confirmation of "SHA+" hotel bookingmust be issued under the SHABA system (SHA Plus Booking Authentication system) or booking under http://entrythailand.go.th/. Booking confirmation through agents will not be accepted. List of SHA+ hotels can be accessed via https://www.thailandsha.com or https://shathailand.com
- After 7 days, they may travel to other parts of Thailand. Departure earlier than 7 days is possible only for destinations outside of Thailand
- Must enter Thailand via Phuket International Airport.
- From Phuket International Airport, travellers must travel to their SHA+ hotels in pre-booked cars provided by the SHA+ hotels.
- COVID-19 tests
- Travellers must present RT-PCR negative test resultissued no more than 72 hours before departure.
- Upon entry, travellers will have to undergo two tests at different times,
at the traveller's own expenses. The first test will be done upon arrival; travellers will be allowed outside of their hotel rooms only upon confirmation of negative result of the first test.
- Children under the age of 6 are allowed to undergo saliva-sampled test.
- To apply for COE, travellers must submit evidence of pre-payment for the required RT-PCR tests. The tests have to be booked via https://www.thailandpsas.com/
- Journey-tracing application
- Travellers must install and usejourney-tracing application as instructed by the Thai Government throughout the 7 days in the Sandbox, otherwise they may not be allowed to leave the Sandbox to other parts of Thailand after 7 days. Travellers must provide proof of 7 days of stay in the Sandbox (Release Form) and 2 RT-PCR test results
4. How to apply for COE
- Travellers under "Phuket Sandbox" programme must apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE), like all other travellers, via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/.
Please choose option "Sandbox Programme", and then select "Phuket" as Sandbox destination when completing the "travel details" column. They can apply for COE up to 30 days in advance.
- All travellers who have received COEs are required to download, and register via, ThailandPlus Application. They are required to show a QR code generated from the registration via the Application to be scanned by Thai authority upon arrival in Thailand. To download, visit https://thailandplus.in.th/en/
5. Requirements for 'Phuket Sandbox' visitors who wish to apply for a 'Visa on
- Ensure that you have an approved 'Certificate of Entry' (COE) before flying to Thailand (printed version required). You can apply for the COE for Visa on Arrival via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th: choose the Type of 11 (Exempt) - Visa Exemption.
- Download the mobile application upon arrival.
- Be prepared to have all documents checked at the 'Health Control' at Phuket International Airport.
- When applying for the 'Visa on Arrival':
(1) Fill out the Application Form provided
(2) Ensure that your Passport is valid for at least 30 days
(3) Have a confirmed return flight ticket
(4) A 'SHABA' confirmation of a 'SHA Plus' hotel for a minimum of seven (7) days
(5) Two (2) passport-size photos without hats/caps or sunglasses
(6) Show that you are carrying Ten Thousand (10,000) Baht (Twenty Thousand (20,000) for a family) in any currency
(7) Two Thousand (2,000) Baht for the 'Visa Application Fee'
** Please note that VOA will be granted for only fifteen (15) days, and it cannot be extended**
- Clear the 'Immigration' process.
- Proceed to the Baggage Hall and collect luggages.
- Proceed to 'Customs'.
- Proceed outside the Terminal to the compulsory 'RT-PCR' Covid-19 test station.
- Depart to your SHA Plus hotel with a 'SHA Plus' pre-booked transportation (directly
with no enroute stops).
- Check In to your SHA Plus hotel and wait in your hotel to receive 'negative' RT-PCR
test results before enjoying your stay in Phuket.
**Disclaimer: the above information is subject to change without prior notice.**
Royal Thai Embassy, Bucharest
7 October 2021