Royal Thai Embassy,Bucharest cordially invites you to join Thailand's Online Cooking Contest Season 1st
- Non-Thai nationals who are residents of Romania or Bulgaria
- Have passion for Thai food and cooking
- Interested in creating digital content
How to participate:
- Choose a Thai dish from four categories (1) Noodles (Padthai, Khaosoy, Radna, etc.) (2) Curry (Massaman, Green Curry, Tom Yum, etc.) (3) Salad (Somtum, Yum woonsen, Larb, etc.) (4) Rice (Seafood fried rice, Pineapple fried rice, Kraprao rice, etc.)
- Upload your cooking video in English or in Romanian/Bulgarian with English subtitles to YouTube, Dropbox, or other online platforms and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org . The video should not be longer than 5 minutes and should include:
2.1 short introduction of yourself
2.2 introduction of the dish including an explanation why you chose this dish
2.3 introduction of the main ingredients
- coverage of step-by-step preparation, cooking process and final plating
- Technical guidelines for the video:
preferred file format: MP4
preferred resolution: HD1080P
• file size should not exceed 200MB
• video name must be in this format: FIRST NAME_LAST NAME
- Video submission is open from 9 July to 31 July 2021. Videos submitted before or after the submission period will not be accepted.
- Each video will be judged by the panelists based on (1) Creativity shown in the presentation of the dish (2) Cooking techniques and skills (3) Utilization of ingredients.
- 3 finalists will be announced on 6 August 2021 on the Embassy’s website and Facebook. The finalists will then compete in the final round of the competition in Bucharest on 24 August 2021.
Final round of competition:
- The finalists will cook a dish specified by the panelists. The name of the dish will be sent to each finalist one week before the competition day.
- On the competition day, a professional Thai chef will demonstrate how to cook the dish. After the cooking demonstration, each participant will be given 40 minutes to complete the dish. All ingredients and equipment will be prepared for the participants.
- Each dish will be judged by (1) Creativity shown in the presentation of the dish (2) Cooking techniques and skills (3) Hygiene (4) Taste
-The winner will receive 600 EUR and a certificate from the Royal Thai Embassy, Bucharest.
- Second and Third Awards will receive baskets of Thai products and certificates from the Royal Thai Embassy, Bucharest.