5 Oct 2021
Updated information for Visa on Arrival (VOA)
**All travellers must apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE) via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ at least 5 working days (excluding weekend and public holidays) in advance before their departure date.
- According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements, passport holders from 19 countries and territories may apply for visas at the immigration checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days.
- The applicant must possess means of living expenses at the amount of 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.
- Upon arrival, the applicant must fill in the Application Form provided at the airport
(1) A passport with at least thirty (30) days validity
(2) 'Certificate of Entry' (COE) before flying to Thailand (printed version required). You can apply for the COE for Visa on Arrival via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th: choose the Type of 11 (Exempt) - Visa Exemption.
(3) A full paid ticket which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry
(4) An Alternative Quarantine (AQ) booking confirmation for the period of 7 or 8 nights (fully vaccinated visitors) / 10 or 11 nights (partially-vaccinated or unvaccinated visitors)
(5) Two (2) passport-size photos without hats/caps or sunglasses
(6) Proof that you are carrying Ten Thousand (10,000) Baht (Twenty Thousand (20,000) for a family) in any currency
(7) Two Thousand (2,000) Baht for the 'Visa Application Fee'
- Visitors who enter the Kingdom with Visa on Arrival generally cannot file an application for extension of stay except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from travelling, etc. They can submit an application at the Office of Immigration Bureau, Immigration Division 1, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210. Tel 0-2141-9889 or at website http://www.immigration.go.th
Arrival Requirements for 'Phuket Sandbox' visitors who wish to apply for a 'Visa on Arrival' (VOA)
1. Ensure that you have an approved 'Certificate of Entry' (COE) before flying to Thailand (printed version required). You can apply for the COE for Visa on Arrival via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th: choose the Type of 11 (Exempt) - Visa Exemption.
2. Download the mobile application upon arrival.
3. Be prepared to have all documents checked at the 'Health Control' at Phuket International Airport.
4. When applying for the 'Visa on Arrival' you will need to:
- Fill out the Application Form provided
- Ensure that your Passport is valid for at least 30 days
- Have a confirmed return flight ticket
- A 'SHABA' confirmation of a 'SHA Plus' hotel for a minimum of seven (7) days
- Two (2) passport-size photos without hats/caps or sunglasses
- Show that you are carrying Ten Thousand (10,000) Baht (Twenty Thousand (20,000) for a family) in any currency
- Two Thousand (2,000) Baht for the 'Visa Application Fee'
** Please note that VOA will be granted for only fifteen (15) days, and it cannot be extended**
List of countries and territories is as follows:
1. Bulgaria : Republic of Bulgaria
2. Bhutan : Kingdom of Bhutan
3. China : People’s Republic of China
4. Cyprus : Republic of Cyprus
5. Ethiopia : Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
6. Fiji : Republic of Fiji
8. India : Republic of India
9. Kazakhstan : Republic of Kazakhstan
10. Malta : Republic of Malta
11. Mexico : United Mexican States
12. Nauru : Republic of Nauru
13. Papua New Guinea
15. Russia: Russian Federation (Thailand and Russia also have a bilateral agreement on visa exemption
for holders of ordinary passports for a visit not exceeding 30 days)
16. Saudi Arabia : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
18. Uzbekistan : Republic of Uzbekistan
**Disclaimer: the above information is subject to change without prior notice.**
Royal Thai Embassy, Bucharest
5 October 2021