Updated requirements and quarantine measures (effective from 1 October 2021)
**Travellers who do not have a valid Thai visa, re-entry permit, or those who are not eligible to enter Thailand under the Visa Exemption Scheme or Visa on Arrival (VOA), must apply for a visa. Please send an email to visa.BUH@mfa.mail.go.th for instructions.
**All travellers must apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE) via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ at least
5 working days (excluding weekend and public holidays) in advance before their departure date.
- Travellers who are not fully vaccinated may be quarantined for no less than 10 days upon their arrival in Thailand.
- Travellers who have received a complete dose(s) of vaccination no less than 14 days before their arrival in Thailand may be quarantined for no less than 7 days given that the vaccine has been registered and approved by the Food and Drugs Administration of Thailand (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). Travellers are required to present an original copy or a hard copy of their vaccination certificate to the Communicable Disease Control Officer upon their arrival. The final quarantine period is subject to the Communicable Disease Control Officer’s consideration. The Embassy is not authorised to give any decision regarding the final quarantine period.
- Children under 18 years old who travel with their parent(s) or guardian will be quarantined for the same period of their parent(s) or guardian.
- Foreign nationals are required to present RT-PCR COVID-Negative certificate issued no more than 72 hours before departure time and health insurance which expressly covers COVID-19 with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD.
- List of Vaccines approved by the Thai FDA and/or the WHO (as of 1 October 2021):
- CoronaVac (Sinovac Biotech Ltd.)
- AstraZeneca / Covishield (AstraZeneca & University of Oxford / SK Bioscience (Korea) /
Siam Bioscience / Serum Institute of India (SII))
- Comirnaty / Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 (Pfizer Inc., & BioNTech)
- Janssen / Ad26.COV2.5 (Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.)
- Sinopharm / COVILO (Sinopharm Co., Ltd.)
- Sputnik V (Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
Royal Thai Embassy, Bucharest
1 October 2021